Monday, November 11, 2013

Market-ing around


The weekend has been busy with the start of the Handmade-before-Christmas-markets here in Oldenburg. Kicking off on Saturday - the "Koffermarkt", "case market", where everything was handmade and sold out of old nostalgic cases. 25 designers, 25 cases, organized by made-by-me.


The location was a trendy retro-bar. As you can see the trendy retro-furniture had to come out to accommodate all the cases, designers and guests.


Handmade stationary, crochet hats, jewelry, lots of sewed stuff and even distinguished coffee.


Amidst the cases I also met Lena of Bootshauskind again,


selling her colourful hats.
 

And I got a little something for me, for my new mobile phone:


 Can't wait till Christmas and can't be bothered to make it myself...

So that was only the beginning. Later that day I rode my bike with Carolina to the outskirts of town to a new market adventure, situated in the restaurant of a gun club. It was already dusky.


A hobby-market.


The place was double the size of the case market
and the people twice as old.


Handmade stationary, crochet hats, jewelry, lots of sewed stuff and even distinguished liqueur.
And Christmas decoration. I saw some ladies knitting in public.


Got a pair of socks for Hubby and one for me. 
Can't be bothered to knit them (despite my New Year Resolution).

Speaking of Christmas decoration. Last stop Sunday - Waldorf school.


And you know what? Traditions are traditions because we like things to be the same, and I couldn't describe the Martin's market better than in this good old post here. But I also promised you Christmas decoration, here is a fresh photo:


But actually I don't feel like Christmas yet, just enjoy the market season.

No comments: