Sunday, May 22, 2011

Doll Couture

Weekends are becoming doll dressing days. I discovered the German edition of the French book Vetements de poupées: Crochet et couture
by Carole Atzu. Now I am prepared for all wishes and occasions.

I chose a little crochet cardigan.



I don't know, but maybe it is because the designer is French, even crochet looks classy, reminding me of bouclé. A very thick texture; I used nearly two 50g skeins of cotton yarn, the cardigan seems to weigh more then the doll. But a couture result!



The buttons come from a thrifted and then felted cardigan.



I did some modifications of the original pattern: two coloured, the buttonholes are smaller, the sleeves five rows shorter and I added the bottom edging. My crochet hook was a size 2,5 instead of a size 2. And so it fits Clara's Waldorf doll who is taller then the 30 cm dolls the clothes of the book are designed for. Ravelry notes here.

No comments: