Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday Treats

I have a little routine on my route on Tuesdays. After my mama & baby yoga class I ride my bike to a yarn shop in that area. Often just for eye candy, but sometimes I leave the shop with some treats (my Lace Citron and the Lanesplitters resulted mostly from these Tuesday trips).

Today I was in the definite mood for buying.
Proudly presenting:


My first yarn purchase of the year 2011

It is Louisa Harding Grace Hand-dyed, 50% merino and 50% silk (made in Italy, dyed in Chile) and Debbie Bliss Andes, 65% baby alpaca and 35% mulberry silk (made in Peru). I have not worked with silk before and want to give it a go. Just for the touch of it.

I know that my choice of wool is not vegan, but so was lunch at my favourite Asian place in Oldenburg:


a bento sushi platter

Tuesdays, I like you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Die kräftig-rosa Andes habe ich auch gerade auf den Nadeln. Es wird ein Schal, klingt langweilig, ist aber ein (Wunsch-)Kombiteil für meine jüngere Tochter.
Die Wolle fühlt sich toll an, pillt aber ziemlich, doch das muß man bei Dochtwolle wohl hinnehmen.
Ich bringe ihn Mittwoch mal mit.

Liebe Grüße von Anja