Monday, December 31, 2012

At Very Long Last

In my book of 2012 some things can wait until next year - ambition, resolutions, laundry. But some things just needed to get finished this year. Like knitted things. Like the Easy Lace Stole.


Or better known now as the Six-Months-Stole, as it took me exactly six months to knit it.

* From winding the yarn into a ball on June 28, while better not watching the German soccer team lose against Italy in the Euro Cup.
* The words Easy and Lace sounded like a good summer knitting project, for leisurely moments in the garden or on vacation
* But the yarn went on and on... and didn't seem to end... fall came and the need for warmer knitties... and the first snow... and more warming stuff
* Until the lazy days Christmas couch days with Downton Abbey on TV
* I could cast off on December 28 and block it


Lace yarn bought in Kiel. My Ravelry notes here.

And it is long. Very long. 2 meters and 20 centimeters (my calculator says 86.6141732 inches).


All rolled up - like the year we are leaving behind very soon. I will wrap it around my neck and party (just a little tiny bit). I even intend to jump from a chair into the New Year like they do in Scandinavia.

Hope to see you in 2013. Happy, healthy and hand making.

No comments: