Thursday, December 25, 2014

Carolina's Christmas Cardigan

On the morning of Christmas Eve I finally sewed on the buttons.


What was actually intended as her birthday present, became my Christmas gift for Carolina. But with such a mild winter around nobody cared about knitting deadlines except me. And even though the cardigan's form looks strange when lying out flat, it stretches nicely around her little body.


The pattern is "apple" by Annette Danielsen and has been my favourite from her knitting book for children for a couple of years (since I bought the book in 2011). I am so happy it has now left the back of my knitting brain and became a wearable reality.


All patterns in the book are knitted with Isager yarns, and I substituted with Lana Grossa Superlana wool, which worked out fine. The size is for a 4-year-old. As Carolina is a tall 3-year-old it fits perfectly right now.


And the best part for me is - she likes wearing it.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: