Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Knitting in Wilhelmshaven


Last weekend I spent at a yoga ashram at the North Sea teaching a prenatal yoga training. I travelled via the city of Wilhemshaven and was quite surprised when I left the train station and saw a whole square full of yarn graffiti trees.




I don't know whether you have ever been to Wilhemshaven, but I think it is fair to say that it is a city that is really lacking in the beauty department. So it was a great idea to give this place some adornment.

 






These are just a couple yarn graffitis, there were so much more. But I had a train to catch and only photographed a random selection. And I also found out what there were all about:


They were part of the Wilhelmshaven Street Art Festival (here).

There is hope for Wilhemshaven.

No comments: