Monday, January 14, 2013

Mama's Mojos

2013 Sock Resolution: The first pair is ready! Proudly presenting and just in time for the recent drop of temperatures below zero.


It is a funny-looking pattern that is fun to knit. I must admit they do look a bit meaty and organic before you put them on. Based on the Mojo pattern with the help of this German website here.


As I find socks knitting per se a tad boring, I try to try new things while knitting them. This time I went with a short-row heel that promised no holes, which involved backwards knitting (find the German video tutorial here). Takes some time to get used to, but the result is looking good and backwards knitting is definitely a new skill. My Ravelry notes here.


The right sock is the last knitted thing of 2012 and the left sock is the first of 2013. My mojos. Interestingly, they are completely colour-reversed. The original pattern suggested working with 60 stitches for a regular sized foot, and as mine are bigger then regular lady's I cast on 64 stitches. They came out a bit too loose and so I am thinking of giving them to Hubby. He's been waiting for his knitted pair of socks for over a year. But that's another story I will tell when the next pair is ready...

No comments: