Monday, April 7, 2014

Summer Knitting

What happened to that green thing that I wanted to knit for spring? Better not talk about it... Green wool will also look pretty under the Christmas tree, I tell myself.

Oh yes, spring is here, it feels like summer is around the corner sometimes, so let's move on to another New Year Knitting resolution (here) ... a white summer sweater.


Cotton feels much better in this weather. And this vegan life of mine has more and more problems with wool.


That's what I found in a bag, in a box, in my studio. A tunic started in the summer of 2010, with a back and a nearly-done-front. No sleeves. I might have liked this leafy pattern four years ago, but I know myself and my knitting possibilities at the moment - I will never be able to knit two sleeves following this lacy pattern. I need mindless-mama-knitting. Frog-frog, rip-rip, that means. A blank slate for a new pattern.

No comments: