Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Knitting in Paris


I did a little knitting in Paris, like you could see in my Pre/Post Paris progress here. I didn't set my knitting intentions too high, and took just one ball of yarn with me for those centimeters before there would be a change in the pattern that would be too difficult to handle while travelling. I knitted some stitches some nights at the hotel ...

... and in the metro.

But what did this sign at the Parc floral remind me of?


I think it's a French translation for "one stitch at a time".

And my usually so true inner knitting radar was also off and on its own holiday. I must confess, I didn't check knitmap before for yarn shops as my priorities have changed a bit this year. There are yarn shops in Paris, I found out now here. But I only found this one by surprise:

www.coudre-broder-tricoter.com
215 rue Lafayette
(Canal St Martin/Gare de l'Est, 10ème) 


 Tricoter - that's knitting in French 
(in case you're curious, coudre is sewing and broder, yes, embroidery).

No comments: