Thursday, August 23, 2012

To the Herbary



For my birthday I got a voucher from two friends/yoga students for an organic herbary (their website here) in Oldenburg. Eventually I got myself and the girls organized to go there (actually it is just a 15 minutes walk...). On the way to the herbary we even met one of the friends who gave me the voucher - a good day for green energy.





An overwhelming variety of plants!





To make it easy I asked a lady who worked there what she could suggest for our garden. We got herbs like rosemary and thyme, cilantro, lemon balm, yarrow for bellyache tea and leafy greens like rocket and red chard. Clara had her own ideas about "her garden" and wanted flowers.



We went home with flowers with funny German names: "Maedchenauge" - Girl's Eye (English Tickseed) and Fetthenne - Fat Hen (English Sedum).



Two chicks with girly eyes.

No comments: