Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Book Stack

What I am currently reading :



"Homespun Style" by Selina Lake - for dreaming up our new home

"Expressive Photography by the Shutter Sisters" - for seeing and capturing pictures from the heart

"Yoga for Real Life" by Maya Fiennes - Star Kundalini Yoga teacher shares her life and gives some yoga advice amidst many beautiful pictures

"Alle sind erleuchtet" (All are enlightened) by Kristin Ruebesamen - well-written insights into the yoga scene by a German journalist and yoga teacher in New York, London, Berlin and India

"Kids" by Meredith F. Small - How biology and culture shape the way we raise young children - not as interesting as her book "Our babies, ourselves", but still makes you think and reflect

Geburt (Birth) by Birgit Baader - for empowering pregnant women in my prenatal yoga classes

"Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" and "Spiritual Midwifery" by Ina May Gaskin - known as the"world's most famous midwife" and laureate of the Right Livelihood Award 2011, she really knows something about natural birth. The black-and-white-hippy-photography and lifestyle on "The Farm" commune in the 70s just makes my day! And while I was not overly interested in reading books about pregnancy and birth while I was pregnant myself (except for Hypno-Birthing), I can't read enough of it now.

And oh wonder, still no knitting book... even though "Homespun Style" focuses a lot on handmade.

When we packed all my books for moving, my dear husband was kind of shocked at how many books I have acquired during the last two years... and remarked that the main part of moving is him getting my books from one place to the other. Thank you!
Even my Clara asked me yesterday, why do liked books so much? Soon she will know, I hope, school is starting in fall for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Freut mich, dass dir das Buch gefällt :) Freue mich auf den kommenden Dienstag!

Siri Shakti Kaur