Monday, December 30, 2013

Afternoon Drawing

With no school, no scheduled afternoon activities or play dates, it all comes down to books and pen and paper for Clara (who cares about the Christmas presents?). And when Carolina takes her afternoon nap, I am more than happy to join her.


We took this wonderful book for inspiration and started copying apples, trees, stars, owls, butterflies and feathers. Clara was quick in her sketching and looked over to my meticulous copying and said: "Yours is so beautiful. I like it more than mine." And I looked over to her drawings and said: "I like yours better." And I really do. She grasps the essence of a thing and draws her version. I just try to copy as exactly as I can. Honestly, I would like to draw like her.

That reminds of something that Pablo Picasso said: "It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."

No comments: