Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Carlotta's Vest

The first yarn purchase of 2013 (January 2) was for the first family baby of 2013 (January 9). When I asked the mother what kind of present she would like for the baby girl, she said: "Something handmade." Something knitted. A vest would be great. For when the baby is 6-12 months old. In a dark red.

You don't have to ask me twice.


She delivered. And I delivered, too.

I am a minimalist wrapper and don't like wasting paper. I keep ribbons from other presents and reuse them. So this is how the present looked like - complete with vest, card and ribbon. 
And this is how the vest looked like:


I wanted to keep the vest as minimalist as possible, too. The pattern is Easy Baby Vests by Diana Jordan (you see, I end the year with "easy" and I start the year with "easy"). It comes in two sizes 0-6 months and 6-12 months. My Ravelry notes here.

I kept all gauge and measurements and just wondered whether the proportions will be right - is it maybe too wide and too short? I tried it on Carolina, my nearly 14-months-old. A snug fit and too short on her, of course. So we'll see how baby Carlotta will fit into it.

Did I mention how out-of-this-world a newborn is?

No comments: