Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Just what the Doctor ordered



Carolina had her first trip outside the cozy nest yesterday, when we went to the doctor's for a newborn check-up required by the German law. Grey skies, rain, car ride, never mind.

All the check-ups up to the age 5 are documented in a little yellow booklet.



Looks a tad boring, doesn't it?

So while Carolina was asleep in the sling...



and the baby surprise jacket was having a well-deserved soak'n'wash (Clara criticized me this morning that the baby wears the same clothes everyday... but there are only oh-such-a-few sweet days that Carolina will fit into it before it will be handed down to Clara's doll Lily)...



... I brought out the sewing machine again.



And sewed a cover. I used leftovers from Clara's cushion and my maternity pass (blogged here in early May where I hinted at my pregnancy, you also find a link to the video tutorial for making these covers there).



Carolina didn't mind the sound.





The old has gone, the new has come.

No comments: