Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year in Pink and Purple

This year has brought an interesting colour shift to my knitting and my consciousness. Having been a pink lover since my first pregnancy four years ago, I see a lot of purple happening in my life since October.

It started with the adult surprise jacket for my mama in April and I was still far away from liking the colours. But my mothers wears purple all the time and it seemed like a trend for the past two years.

But then I discovered the wonderful Schoppel Zauberballs and knit this and this and this. I could not get enough of the colour and had a Noro Kureyon experiment. And the beat goes on...

Being a kundalini yoga teacher (see the colour?) I checked the colour meaning. Pink has a lot to do with the heart chakra, universal love, loving one-self, service and the awakening to spiritual awareness. Purple is the colour of the crown chakra, the connection to the highest self, enlightenment, unity and elevation. Sounds good to me! I am very much looking forward to 2011 and the chances it will bring, 365 new days of knitting and crafting!

Love & Light! Happy 2011 everyone!

No comments: